Kick Ass at Work
Facilitated by SONIA ALLEYNE, Communications and Career Strategist, Author of I Kick Ass At Work! and The Strategy Journal for Career Professionals, and Cofounder of Storytellers: Words, Images, Magic
Examining strategies and behaviors that enhance and sabotage career advancement.
In this session we will discuss the following:
- The importance of professional journaling and regularly documenting your successes as they happen
- The importance of regularly conducting personal and professional audits on your organization
- Understanding the difference between passion and emotion in maximizing performance
- Why athletes are great models for career performance and advancement
Three takeaways for participants:
- People have way more power and influence over their careers than they are often willing to be responsible for
- Changing your attitude and perspective can totally change your experiences
- The importance of making your resume and LinkedIn profile active documents
Sonia was Editorial Director at Black Enterprise across multiple platforms and became the founding Editorial Director of their Women of Power Summit, the premier annual leadership conference for professional women of color. She is also the co-author of Good is Not Enough: And Other Unwritten Rules for Minority Professionals, nominated for an NAACP Image Award.